3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas. Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.
At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives. With $33 billion in sales, our 93,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.
The Enterprise Development & Integration (ED&I) team is seeking an Entry level ABAP Developer for developing and supporting WRICEF objects for SAP Global Instance. This position will require the use of the ABAP programming language in which you will be trained. The primary focus for this position will be to bring support to the SAP applications through ABAP programming language however there is potential that the position will be involved in other activities within the application portfolio including, deployment, and value realization.
Duties and responsibilities
- Help with regular reviews and analysis of incident management data to highlight causes of frequent or high impact failures and suggest preventative action
- Meet agreed upon service levels and budgetary guidelines defined in the Service Level Agreement
- Work with business process owners to develop ABAP code and troubleshoot issues.
- Design solutions in accordance with standard design principles and conventions.
- Adopt best practices in all aspects of ABAP development.
- Provide operational support, working to ensure production systems and devices are online and available; this includes non-business hours on-call support
- Understanding the needs and requirements of the clients by coordinating with their representatives and seeking clarity on every minute detail in order to provide the best possible solution.
- Writing the code using ABAP programming language based on the blueprint provided by the clients and performing regular tests on the usability of the code.
- Providing technical support to the end users in the form of troubleshooting guidelines and modifications to the system after it has been delivered. Training the end users and client representatives is also performed at this stage of the SAP ABAP software life cycle.
- Stay updated with the latest technological advancement and changes in the world of SAP development and adapting to these changes by self-training and research work.
- Debug programming code to find issues/errors on the application
- Change and repair the code to restore the original functionality of application
- Document changes on the system and design of new components to ensure their readability for future reference
- Test newly added functionalities to avoid errors on productive system
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or other related industry degree, strongly preferred
- Knowledge of one or more programming languages (Java / .NET / Python / COBOL / C)
- 0-2 years prior programming experience (Java / .NET / Python)
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server & T-SQL
- Basic knowledge of structured or procedural programming languages such as COBOL or C
- Fast learning and well-developed analytical thinking, design thinking and problem-solving skills
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming concepts (C#, Java, Python)
- Solid understanding of relational database design and querying concepts
- Knowledge of structured or procedural programming languages such as COBOL or C
- Familiarity with version control concepts
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal, written and team collaboration skills
- SAP / ABAP Knowledge
- Proven track experience working with structured or procedural programming languages such as COBOL or C
- Experience working in a regulated environment (SOX, FDA, etc.)
- Experience in working in a global environment
Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M.
3M es un empleador que ofrece las mismas oportunidades. 3M no discriminará a ningún solicitante de empleo por razones de raza, color, edad, religión, sexo, orientación sexual, identidad o expresión de género, origen nacional, discapacidad o estado de veterano.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.