Introduction At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Cyber Threat Responder will be able to work both independently and as part of a larger team, have a strong understanding of TTPs and exceptional technical writing skills.
Main duties and responsibilities:
• Analyzing alerts in the client's EDR platform
• Communicating with the client concerning true positives and providing feedback for tuning efforts and improved detection capabilities
• Working with internal IBM security teams to provide contextual visibility to ongoing investigations and may serve as an escalation point from network security analysts
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Experience in the cyber threat intelligence industry OR
• Experience in EDR (Endpoint technology and response) OR
• Experience in a SOC or NOC environment or equivalent field OR
• 2 years in incident response with extensive knowledge of the inner-workings of the windows\\linux\\ osx operating systems
• Ability to quickly identify suspicious events thru pattern and behavioral analysis, intelligence correlation, and anomaly detection
• Knowledge of current and past malware, attack methodologies, and adversaries
• Experience in malware reversing both static and dynamic
• Scripting experience
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- 2 years in technical writing, developing technical documents, and incident response reporting.
About Business Unit
IBM is a leading provider of enterprise security solutions. Named by industry analysts as a leader in 12 security market segment categories, IBM Security is a multi-billion dollar business that is rapidly growing. In an industry focused on building walls, IBM Security is focused on creating an open, connected security ecosystem that leverages AI and cloud to help clients improve compliance, stop threats, and grow their business securely.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.