Microsoft is empowering every person and every organization on the planet to do more and achieve more. We have set ourselves three bold ambitions: create more personal computing, reinvent productivity and business processes and build the intelligent cloud. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. As part of our transformation, one of our key areas of focus is the modernization of our sales motions.
The Digital Sales organization is a newly formed organization with a charter to accelerate Microsoft’s growth in its cloud-first, mobile-first businesses along with the traditional businesses. This organization is at the forefront of establishing a new sales model leveraging modern technology and big data and analytics to drive impactful demand response and targeted sales coverage.
The Solution Specialist role is focused on working with Microsoft’s account teams to identify and drive opportunities in targeted workloads. The key goal of this role is to increase incremental sales volume of Microsoft Azure, through the generation of new opportunities that result in additional customer revenue. As a Solution Specialist, you will work closely with Sellers and Partners to plan and execute account coverage and campaign strategies to unlock new sales opportunities. The role is adept at understanding the needs and process pains of customers to identify opportunities where Microsoft solutions can add long-term value. You will have the exciting opportunity to be responsible for serving as the cloud computing subject matter expert for customers, fostering a positive and collaborative experience for prospects to evaluate, engage with and implement Microsoft products and partner solutions.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Engage with customers across industries, company sizes and types to determine needs and identify opportunities to fulfill these needs with Microsoft Azure cloud technologies
- Being the first contact point for many customers, deliver strong first impression, and set foundation for long term customer relationship
- Communicate effectively with line of business and IT decision makers effectively via phone, email and social tools
- Work strategically to remove technical and business sales roadblocks and innovate to improve business development practices
- Develop a thorough understanding of solutions and relevant business pains, and become proficient conducting high-level demos of primary selling scenarios for solution
- Understand competitor solutions and products and drive compete messaging to increase Microsoft Azure penetration
- Work in a fast-paced, collaborative, dynamic teaming environment with internal and external stakeholders
- Collaborate with the extended sales team, partners, and marketing to conduct whitespace analysis to pursue high potential customers and develop a target list of potential business
- Generate new leads through territory planning, call down campaigns, events, and demos and conduct personal campaigns to discover new opportunities
- Effectively turn prospects and qualified leads into opportunities and revenue pipeline by qualifying opportunities and selling with Microsoft partners
- Ensure excellence in pipeline management, pipeline hygiene, and sales execution against targets
- Meet and exceed daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly targets, including pipeline generation and activity based targets; accurately forecast pipeline generation
- Leverage best-in-class sales and communication tools to accelerate sales, maintain high daily activity, minimum ~60-90 activities/day