- Typical Accountabilities: - Support multiple government affairs and external communications strategies with key external stakeholders in CAMCAR.
- Deploy external corporate communication and therapy area PR plans in key CAMCAR markets.
- Execute patient centricity initiatives under the government affairs and external communications scope.
- Follow-up industry associations plans across CAMCAR.
- Provide insights into specific areas of government affairs and external communications.
- Deliver analysis and guidance into key business and policy trends.
- Prepare briefs and background documents for Senior Management engagements, partnerships and external communications.
Manage budget and administrative processes.
- At least 2 years of experience in government relations and communication in innovative pharmaceutical company.
- Proven success in alliance building and external engagement with key stakeholders.
- Strong knowledge of Central America and Caribbean pharmaceutical market dynamics and health care systems.
- Experience in key stakeholders mapping and horizon scanning.
- Expertise of successful influencing cross-functionally and cross-culturally.
- Proven ability in delivering successful policy and advocacy results.
- University degree (Pharmacy, Economics, Political Science, Public Health, International Relations, Public Relations, Business, and related areas).
- Fluent in English and Spanish.
- Able to legally work in Costa Rica
- Excellent analytical, communication, problem-solving and negotiation skills.
- Strong project-management skills and ability to help identify and implement improvements in work processes to enhance efficiency and productivity.
- Strong work ethics and personal accountability.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities.
- Strategic, independent, self-starter and team player.
- Strong track record in managing multiple processes and projects through collaborative relationships and constructive difference resolution.
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced, ever-evolving and matrixed environment.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.