Job Description / Capsule The Head of Global Procurement Services in San José will develop a long-time strategy for the entire Source 2 Contract team and will supervise and manage the Source to Contract Team managers and indirectly S2C Specialists and Experts.
The role is mainly responsible to deliver scope of the Source to Contract team activities accordingly to defined Service Catalogue and as per agreed KPI and Scorecard measures, monitor team performance and address demand challenges. This role will be responsible in definition of the strategy and vision for the S2C team that will address Procurement Operating Model objectives alongside with capacity, scalability and capabilities elements.
The role will define best practices harmonize ways of working across different categories to drive the ambition of being global Center of Excellence for the Source to Contract process. The role requires a high level of people management skills and advanced partnering with different functions and stakeholders. The Source 2 Contract Associate Director will contribute to the development and maintenance of a world class procurement capability within the GPS and ensure alignment with the overall purpose and ambition for AstraZeneca Procurement.
The role reports into the Head of Global Procurement Services.
Management of Source to Contract activities delivered in the San José Hub. These include:
- Providing exemplary people leadership focused on engagement, people development and succession planning
- Continuous monitoring of procurement market practises and driving their implementation in the S2C team
- Proactive management of relevant stakeholders both within and outside of the AZ Procurement function
- Develops senior level contacts in order to resolve issues, optimise business performance and develop future improvement opportunities within the S2C team
- Leads, defines and gains approval of business needs and the translation of these needs into specific resource requirements
- Driving the Procurement Transformation agenda within the S2C and set up best practises for the S2C process
- Performance reporting and driving agenda of future capacity challenges
- Serves as a 2nd line escalation for Source 2 Contract service deliverables
- The application of Global Procurement processes and standards within the team and subsequent compliance to these standards
- Relevant line management activities (annual performance appraisal, salary reviews, etc.)
- Recruits, defines goals, sets and manages performance standards for a multi-functional team able to deliver procurement projects to time, cost and quality standards
- Adaptive and change focused. Comfortable operating in an environment where not all processes, rules and systems are defined, and where the jobholder will need to come up the answers
- Strategic Thinker. Quick to spot new business opportunities and challenges
- Decisive and Pragmatic. Willing to make decisions and live by the consequences of their actions
- Highly customer oriented and focused on meeting and exceeding customer expectations
- Both a ‘doer’ and ‘leader’ who can comfortably adapt their style to teach, coach, or delegate, as appropriate
- Emotionally intelligent. Comfortably relates to many different types of people. Is personally self-aware of strengths and weaknesses
- Service delivery against pre-defined SLA’s and customer satisfaction goals
- Effective management of the Source to Contract team measured by employee satisfaction and stakeholders feedback
- Delivery of Procurement continuous improvement initiatives and transformation agenda
Typical People Management Responsibility (direct / indirect reports)
- Bachelor/ Master’s Degree (Business)
- Minimum of 7 years of procurement experience, ideally in the international company
- Minimum of 3 years of line management experience of big teams or/and managers
- Strong International stakeholder management and relationship building skills within the matrix organization
- Proven experience in delivering organizational change and continuous improvement initiatives
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written) with the ability to present information in a clear and concise format to all levels within the organization
- Excellent influencing skills in the matrix organization
- Strong relationship and business partnering skills
- Ability to engage fast with the stakeholders on different level in the organization
- Project management skills
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Written and spoken proficiency in English (Polish is not a must) and Spanish.
- Additional language would be a benefit but not a must
- Proved ability to manage multiple projects/tasks effectively
- Experience in leading of the multinational, diverse and dispersed teams
- Experience in leading delivery teams in the SSC model
- Location Costa Rica
• Schedule flexibility to work on holidays when necessary.
• Flexibility and Ability to travel and work in another AZ facilities outside the country when necessary.
• Schedule flexibility to work on the days off given by the wellness Policy when necessary (Política de Bienestar).
• American Visa.
According to the company policies, the candidate must prove that there are no situations that generate a conflict of interest (COI) for the company. The non-existence of COI is considered as an objective requirement of the position. To know beforehand the weightings of COI contained in the policies of the company, consult the Human Resources Department.
Key Relationships to reach solutions
Internal (to AZ or team)
External (to AZ)
- AZ Procurement Function
- AZ Legal Department
- Key customer group
- Quality & Compliance Groups
Internal candidates must have manager approval for application.
Requisitos:- Hablante de inglés avanzado. Fluido en inglés verbal y escrito. Alto nivel de competencia ( 85%) (debe). Experiencia de servicio al cliente (debe...
Desde Grupo Syntepro - San José
Publicado hace 22 días
Description As a Infrastructure Senior Delivery Manager you will Provide Project Delivery leadership for the Global Hyper-Converged Infrastructure (HCI...
Desde Procter & Gamble - San José
Publicado hace 17 días
Descripción de la Plaza/nWe are growing fast and are constantly looking for talented, happy and ambitious Creative Project Managers to join our global team...
Desde Superside - San José
Publicado hace 17 días
Req ID: 95725 NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an...
Publicado hace 14 días