JOB DESCRIPTION: MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE Performs inspection and testing of purchased materials, components and products in accordance with policy and procedures. Assists Supplier Quality Engineering with technical inspection support
Performs visual, dimensional and functional inspection and testing according to documented policies and procedures.
Records inspection and test data as prescribed by written instructions and procedures.
Operates all associated test and measurement equipment as instructed and as documented in procedures.
Develops inspection methods.
Ability to program CMM and Optical systems.
Recommends and may submit changes to policies, procedures, and specifications
Documents non-conformances in Non-Conforming Material Review system
Designs and conducts GR&R studies
Collects, analyzes and presents data for First Article inspections.
Performs testing and inspection in accordance with special test requests.
Contributes to test and measurement equipment selection and acquisition.
Trains other inspection staff on use of complex inspection equipment.
Requests certifications from vendors. • Discusses inspection methodology with suppliers to achieve correlation of inspection data.
Assists in gathering, analyzing, and trending of data.
- 3+ year experience in Quality performing inspections or as equivalent an Internship in Receiving Inspection area (as part of Abbott’s Technical degree High School Program).
- Intermediate command of English required
- Prior medical device component inspection experience.
- Experience with CMMs, optical measurement equipment, hand tools, gages, pressure and force gage testing.
- ASQ CMI certification.
- Knowledge of FDA, GMP, ISO 13485.
- Training in blueprint reading and experience with inspection sampling techniques.
- Technical degree in Mechanical Engineering, or other technical realated field.
EPHF Electrophysiology & Heart Failure
Costa Rica Alajuela : Parque Industrial, Zona Franca Coyol S.A Edificio #44B, Call0, Avendia 2
Crcww1Dy (Costa Rica)
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)