3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas. Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.
3M is seeking an IT Senior Business Intelligence Developer. This position will be located in Belen, Heredia as part of our Global Service Center in Costa Rica. If you are looking for a career in an open, creative, passionate environment and would like to participate in creating something new - apply today!
This position is responsible for leading data analytics projects that provide new, data-based insights to 3M businesses. Candidate must be collaborating with business leaders across the corporation, functional subject matter experts and other members of the Data Analytics Team to assemble relevant data, develop algorithms, apply advanced analytics tools and techniques, and provide actionable reports and visualizations.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
· Adapts differing techniques and methods to deal with variations in work conditions and operations to solve complex problems. Leads the development and implementation of improvements and/or solutions to work processes and tools
· Initiates actions and leads or coaches employees during a project or trains new employees within functional disciplines
· Handles a wide variety of non-routine and difficult inquiries where the solution is not immediately apparent. Most complex problem solving may require developing solutions for complex and diverse issues that may be interrelated, requiring significant interpretation and the use of strong analytical skills. Applies extensive experience and knowledge of related and non-related precedents and policies
· Work tasks encompass concepts within Data Analytics which may include more than one department/location. Working tasks might include:
- Manages the proposal and implementation of system solutions
- Provides technical support and guidance in all aspects of design and development
- Studies existing systems to evaluate effectiveness
- Oversee non-routine and difficult work conducted by colleagues
- Provides training on Data Analytics and stays abreast of the latest developments in the assigned area of responsibility
- Troubleshoots the most complex technical problems to resolve user issues
- Leads detailed Data Analytics processes from a user standpoint
- Considers the impact of any changes on current systems and develops risk analysis
- Writes project plans and leads projects, linking project steps to business strategies. Ensures plans support business needs and goals and that project objectives and deadlines are met. Assembles and leads project teams. Presents project recommendations to appropriate personnel that demonstrate sound planning in support of business needs and goals
· Answers team member questions, helps with team member problems, and oversees team member work for quality and guideline compliance
· Provides encouragement to team members, including communicating team goals and identifying areas for new training or skill checks
· Provides quality customer service, including interacting with customers, answering customer enquiries, and effectively handling customer complaints
· Negotiates and counsels at an advanced level with an audience which may not be knowledgeable in the subject area. Demonstrates solid persuasion skills and manages differing interests and perspectives
· Actively participates in relevant corporate programs/initiatives, complies with professional and quality standards, complies with corporate policies and procedures, and acts in a manner consistent with 3M’s values and ethical standards
· IT Bachelor’s Degree or higher from an accredited institution
· 4+years of experience in data analytics and/or predictive modeling
· Strong knowledge and experience with Data Analytics theories and practices
· Experience with business intelligence and data visualization tools
· Transact SQL language experience
· Experience working with all business users’ levels
· Must be detail oriented, self-directed and have strong independent problem-solving skills
· Ability to multi-task is inherent in the job responsibilities
· Ability to team working is inherent in the job responsibilities
· Strong communication and presentation skills in Spanish and English
· Must be able to travel internationally if needed
· Master’s degree or higher from an accredited institution
· Multiple BI platforms experience: SAP BOBJ, Qlikview, MSSQL, Azure, Power BI
Working at 3M
3M is a global company which produces more than 55,000 products worldwide for home use, adhesives, abrasives, non-woven, fire protection, dental and orthodontics, electronic materials, medical and automotive care products.
The company's brands partners Scotch - Brite®, Scotch®, Post - it® and Command™.
3M has operations in more than 70 countries with laboratories in 36 countries. With 30,000 million dollars in sales, its 90,000 employees connect with customers around the world.
Unleash your potential
Our success depends on the energy of our employees and the high quality of their leadership. Most of all it depends on their continuous improvement.
From sales to manufacturing to marketing to engineering, if you're committed to expanding your knowledge and gaining leading-edge skills, this is the place to do it. Professional development at 3M includes excellent training, continuing educational support, mentorship from smart, experienced people and more.
Move up - or move in new directions
You'll find a strong promote-from-within culture here; it's an important aspect of our emphasis on learning and professional growth. You may also move between business units or even, potentially, to different locations around the world. That's one of the many advantages of our diverse business model and global reach.
Be part of what’s next. Apply Now!
If you are interested in this position, please send your application in English via the 3M Jobs System.
Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M.
3M es un empleador que ofrece las mismas oportunidades. 3M no discriminará a ningún solicitante de empleo por razones de raza, color, edad, religión, sexo, orientación sexual, identidad o expresión de género, origen nacional, discapacidad o estado de veterano.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.