The Corporate Long-Term Retention (LTR) program is looking for an experienced engineer to be part of a team working in Intel's LTR Hub in Costa Rica. The Hub is where some of Intel products are stored in an active state, after being launched, to ensure we are ready and able to access all Intel products if and when we need them. The Hub will provide Intel engineers around the world remote access to our products in order to allow remote testing and debugging. In this position, the employee will work with senior engineers from business groups across the company to enabling, testing, debugging and troubleshooting Intel systems. The candidate must be familiar with validation hardware and processes and be willing to learn specific Intel business unit system configurations. They will be responsible for defining tests and test content and will interact with cross group customer support forums. The OSNH/Product Engineer will work in the post-silicon validation environment to execute test content that validates silicon features and functionalities. This engineer must have a broad understanding of CPU architecture, validation methodologies and a strong interest in validation/logic-debug. The selected candidate will be a quick learner and willing and able to adapt and troubleshoot various products from multiple Intel business units.
- BSc in software engineering, computer science, computing engineering or related fields.
- A minimum of 3+ years of professional engineering experience.
- Demonstrable knowledge in Linux and Windows operating systems as an administrator.
- Demonstrated knowledge in computer architecture.
- Experience in overall system debugging.
- Must have programming skills in at least one scripting language (i.e.: Bash, Powershell, Python).
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and debugging skills.
- Ability to work across teams in various geographical locations
- Team player.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Strong communication and influencing skills.
- Self-motivated, assertive and good tolerance of ambiguity.
- Adaptable to learning new hardware/software quickly.
- CR Work Permit
The selected candidate may be required to travel up to once per quarter.
- MSc degree in Electrical Engr., Computer Engr. or Computer Science 3+ years knowledge experience in computer programming C++, C, Python.
- 2+ years experience in system debug/validation.
- Demonstrated knowledge in PC architecture and Intel Chipset.
- Expert in hardware and/or software interfacing debug skills.
- Be able to demonstrate OS kernel knowledge with Windows, Linux, familiar with Software/Hardware testing and tools such as JTAG/ITP and Kernel Debugger.
Inside this Business Group
The Infrastructure and Platform Solutions Group (IPSG) builds the silicon and platform infrastructure for Intel's silicon design teams. IPSG is comprised of a reusable pool of infrastructure IP blocks, design enabling services such as tools and automation, and a best-in-class post silicon ecosystem that ramps quickly to high volume manufacturing and validation. Our primary mission is to protect Intel's brand by providing the infrastructure necessary to enable all of Intel's products to hit the market on a dependable and predictable cadence.
CRExperienced HireJR0128897San Jose