JOB DESCRIPTION: MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE Overall responsibility for the successful initiation, planning, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure of medium global projects that contribute to significant financial success and achieve Site goals.
•Provides leadership and centralized management for the planning, development and execution of medium global projects for Site or programs to achieve key strategic business objectives.
•Manages multiple, often concurrent Site projects and consistently meets expectations.
•Leads the project team in using established PM tools and techniques from PMO (FEP, Cash Flow, Projections, Scope / Schedule Control, etc.) to stay within authorized budget limits and achieve the overall project and organizational objectives.
•Leads project team comprised of internal and external resources.
•Performs periodic review of project resource allocation.
•Monitors aggregate performance and value indicators.
•Anticipates and identifies areas of tactical and strategic risk and mitigates risks through early risk assessments and implementation of fallback / mitigation strategies.
•Proactively mentors, advises and shares knowledge and opinions.
•Coaches others in performing support tasks, such as writing Requests for Capital Expenditures (RCEs), safety / quality checklists, scope documents, etc.
•Anticipates and resolves problems and crisis situations requiring fast, astute decisions with rapid implementation by utilizing technical training and / or experience.
•Owns Processes, Tools and Governance for all projects within the PMO administration.
•Maintaining an overall electronic and physical filing system, updating where required.
•Controls documents, facilitate communication between the project office and stakeholders and collect data to meet reporting requirements.
•Coordinate and schedule training classes to advance the skills and capabilities of project managers/engineers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, science, or closely related discipline is desired
- +7 years of related work experience
- Required: Advanced commands of English
- Preferred Qualifications & Education: Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or equivalent
- Key success factors: Effective Communication, Organization and Planning, Strong Leadership, Risk Management, Results Oriented.
- Demonstrated and been recognized for excellence in breadth and depth of knowledge in project management.
- Interacts well with diverse groups across a Site and maintains strong working relationships with internal and external collaborators.
- Listens to and understands others’ points of view and articulates tactfully and respectfully one’s own perspective orally, in writing, and in presentations.
- Works well with other engineers in a collaborative, fast-paced goal-driven environment.
- Possesses interpersonal skills to negotiate and reconcile differences, while optimizing overall organizational goals.
- A technical background in health care, nutritional products, laboratory diagnostics, medical devices, or pharmaceutical companies.
- Consistently demonstrated competency with financial systems and project accounting experience.
- Understanding and management of procurement & contracting processes.
Costa Rica Alajuela : AVCR-1
Cr09Sal (Costa Rica)
Yes, 5 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES: