Additional Locations: (n/a) Purpose and Passion - Comprehensive Benefits - Life:Work Integration - Community - Career Growth
At Boston Scientific, you will find a collaborative culture driven by a passion for innovation that keeps us connected on the most essential level. With determination, imagination and a deep caring for human life, we're solving some of the most important healthcare industry challenges. Together, we're one global team committed to making a difference in people's lives around the world. This is a place where you can find a career with meaningful purpose-improving lives through your life's work.
About the Role:
Exercise superior judgment and discretion to guide the procurement of raw materials, OEM components, capital equipment, tooling, supplies and services to meet strategic objectives. Evaluate supplier capabilities, negotiate and administrate purchase orders and contracts while striking an optimum balance between cost, quality, delivery and service. Hire, train and develop purchasing personnel to organize and execute the purchase of materials
Your Responsibilities Include:
* Supplier Management:
* Bargains in good faith and adheres to corporate integrity and fair negotiation practices
* Participate in supplier communications where there is an issue of significant impact to the business.
* Actively drive supplier participation in VIP process, six sigma and lean initiatives
* Lead business continuity discussions to identify sole source and high risk suppliers.
* Contracts :
* Negotiate and write key contracts to support and protect the companys best interest.
* Direct the contracting and/or purchasing for materials, supplies, equipment and services for the entire Site.
* Direct the reduction of cost through negotiating agreements based on higher volumes and flexible volumes leveraging BSC corporate volumes
* Actively pursue new techniques to appropriately manage inventory levels.
* Establish, maintain and monitor optimum inventory levels for purchase parts to minimize inventory investment and achieve the companys strategic objective.
* Staff Development:
* Develop staff through coaching, mentoring and recruiting.
* Work with, review and evaluate buyer recommendations on supplier selection, performance, negotiation and bids.
* Responsible for the motivation and development of employees to optimize their personal and professional growth.
* Demonstrate leadership, set continuous improvement goals and department objectives, review performance regularly and deliver performance reviews.
* Create an environment of positive reinforcement and teamwork.
* Actively increase technical expertise in Purchasing.
* Assure the purchasing department keeps abreast of the latest market and pricing trends affecting the company.
* Possess working knowledge of computer system.
* Manage the creation and maintenance of documented Purchasing policies and procedures to ensure compliance with GMP and ISO requirements.
* Reviews and approves engineering change request, originates approved supplier list and executes CR dispositions.
* Develops, establishes and administers reports and systems that allow for a cost effective and efficient purchasing function.
* Actively participate in the Material Review Board
* Department Management:
* Develop and implement department strategies.
* Achieve the corporate goals and objectives at the lowest possible total cost.
* Work toward continuous improvement and streamlining of the procurement process to eliminate non:value activities.
* Establish and maintain purchasing practices and policies to ensure an honest, fair and ethical relationship.
What Were Looking For:
:Licenciature in Business Administration, Industrial Engineering or applicable field
:At least 10 years of experience in similar positions
:English level required C1 (90:94)
:Desirable knowledge APICs Ce
Detalles del empleo Área de puesto: Varios Tipo de puesto: Entrenador Ubicación del puesto: Puntarenas, Costa Rica Requisitos Estudios Universitario...
Desde Jbf - Puntarenas
Publicado hace 21 días
TRAINEE:13684 Client Services and Sales:Costa RicaSan José, San José TRAINEE OBJETIVO DEL CARGO Adquirir nuevos conocimientos de los servicios y productos de...
Publicado hace 22 días
TRAINEE:14626 Client Services and Sales:Costa RicaSan José, San José TRAINEE OBJETIVO DEL CARGO Adquirir nuevos conocimientos de los servicios y productos de...
Publicado hace 22 días
TRAINEE:22522 Client Services and Sales:Costa RicaSan José, San José TRAINEE OBJETIVO DEL CARGO Adquirir nuevos conocimientos de los servicios y productos de...
Publicado hace 22 días