Ciena may well be the most important technology company you’ve never heard of. The innovations that wow us (driverless cars), and those we now take for granted (the ability to mobile-stream your favorite show) are the products of ingenuity from some brilliant and forward-thinking companies. But those companies rely on Ciena, another vanguard of innovation, to create and advance the underlying networks that bring their breakthroughs to our doorsteps. VR, AI, IOT, 5G … literally none of it would be possible without the mind-boggling technology that makes the internet itself work. For more than 25 years, Ciena has been the global leader in networking strategy, and our technology has been part of the critical infrastructure running within the most advanced companies in the world.
What will you do at Ciena?
As the customer facing, technical sales engineer supporting a major Internet Content Provider for the Social Vertical (e.g. Google), the ideal candidate requires a strong understanding of Ciena products and customer applications. In addition, the ability to position Ciena’s leadership in Coherent Transmission and Data Center Interconnect solutions as well as how Ciena’s offerings differentiate against the competition, is required.
This position is based in California. (e.g. San Jose, Bay Area, CA)
- Perform technical oversight, including: on-site customer engagements,
- Written proposals, network engineering, as well as quotes.
- Be able to create and communicate solutions to customers
- Work with both internal and external organizations.
- On-site sales engineer for a major ICP customer supporting Ciena products and applications
- Serve as expert customer-facing primary contact for advanced technical issues; be capable of addressing large majority of customer questions
- Support the engineering of Ciena transport system solutions – terrestrial and undersea
- Collect and assist in assessment of new product features, providing input on prioritization
- Manage customer requests and help coordinate sales activities
- Lead Customer Product solution discussions and presentations
- Lead in the preparation of quotes, RFx's, and forecasts
- Assist in the development of pricing strategies and incentives to win business
- Assist in tracking of product deliverables and communicating issues to regional teams
- Lead transition customers from end-of life products to other Ciena products
- Lead in product certification and acceptance testing
- Make independent decisions on routine technical activities in accordance with company policy and procedures
- 15% + travel
- Performs other duties as assigned
- In depth knowledge of Data Center Interconnect, DWDM Coherent transmission systems, and Ethernet data networks solutions
- Understanding of Data Center architectures, MPLS and Submarine Networking, as well as L0 Control Plane, a plus.
- General understanding of SDN required, along with network element APIs
- Understand of transport design and route engineering / analysis, via internal toolsets, helpful
- Construction of product feature / price analysis spreadsheets
- CPQ and MPBP experience a plus
- Project management, organizational skills
- Problem solving skills
- Communication skills
- Strategy development
- Time management skills; ability to plan, prioritize, execute & follow-up within a timely manner
- Professionalism in attitude, conduct, and appearanceAbility to build strong customer relationships and support an overall sales strategy
- Strong technical expertise and desire to learn new technologies
- Needs to have demonstrated lead in management of on-going activities such as RFP activity, trials and product acceptance
- Must be able to work well with Ciena R&D, Engineering and PLM
- Excellent organizational skills due to dynamic nature of activities
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree (CS, EE), or equivalent experience, required
- Master’s Degree, preferred
- 10-12 years telecommunications / industry experience
- Transport Engineering or Product Management background required
- Prior Internet Content Provider experience would be beneficial
Rewarding experience. Meaningful outcomes.
Making a difference in people's lives through design and implementation of leading network technologies. That's what motivates us.
A distinct way to work
Free thinking, free discussion, and collaboration are the norm. Expect more satisfying outcomes - both personal and professional.
Ciena values the diversity of our workforce and respects its employees as individuals, regardless of race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, gender or age.
Ciena is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise Ciena in a timely fashion of the specific needs / accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to any specific needs / accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
What you can expect from us
- You will receive notification of your successful application
- Successful applicants will be contacted by Talent Acquisition for an initial discussion
- If suitable you will be considered for the short list and our formal interview process
Descripción de la Plaza/nSe busca vecina de Escazu - o Santana Bachiller de Colegio (Con Título). 3 años de Experiencia como Recepcionista en Bufete de abogados...
Desde Mch Consultores - San José
Publicado hace 21 días
Descripción de la Plaza/nSe requiere contratar técnico para realizar pruebas de concreto: cilindros, vigas, núcleos,asentamiento . Agregados: arena y piedra...
Desde Laboratorio De Materiales Carlos Araya S.A. - San José
Publicado hace 19 días
Descripción de la Plaza/nPosition Title: HR Support (Recruitment) Location: San José, Costa Rica Duration: Permanent Required Skills: • Minimum Relevant...
Desde Idc Technologies - San José
Publicado hace 19 días
Requisitos CUENTAS POR COBRAR Y PLANILLAS Bachiller en Educación Media Técnico en Contabilidad o Administración Estudiante de Contabilidad yo Administración...
Desde Soluciones Integrales De Comunicación S.A. Equipo Alterno - San José
Publicado hace 20 días