Security analysts are responsible for analysis and review of reports, logs and various sources of informational data relating to security events. The analyst must be knowledgeable of current security issues and compliance-related information and possess the ability to respond to and escalate issues as needed.
The analyst uses, implements, reviews, or evaluates systems to identify threat actors in their attempts at infiltrating user, customer, or corporate information or jeopardizing product infrastructure. The analyst researches attempted or successful efforts to compromise systems and protocols. Provides information and reports to management regarding impact of breaches to confidentiality, integrity, availability, or disruption to delivery of services. May also be involved with and act as an interface to, corporate peers on implementation of company-wide security solutions.
Analysts are responsible for reviewing alerts that that have been generated by various security tools and effectively identifying the correct remediation or escalation path. Analysts will triage prioritized alerts using the corporate Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) system to determine if they are in fact legitimate alerts, ere false positive alerts, or require additional review.
The responsibilities of the Security Analyst include, but are not limited to:
- Review security events that are populated in a Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) system.
- Analyze a variety of network and host-based security appliance logs (Firewalls, NIDS, HIDS, Sys Logs, etc.) to determine the correct remediation actions and escalation paths
- Independently follow procedures to contain, analyze, and eradicate malicious activity.
- Perform alert triage.
- Document all activities in relation to an incident and assist Incident Response teams with status updates during the life cycle of the incident.
- Conduct proactive threat research.
- Assist with the development of processes and procedures to improve incident response times, analysis of incidents, and overall SOC functions.
Security Analyst - Desired Skills and training:
- 1 to 3 years of experience in information security event monitoring and detection.
- Experience with Splunk
- Working knowledge of Windows and Linux OS to include experience working in the command line interface.
- Familiarity with network security methodologies, tactics, techniques and procedures.
- Experience with IPS/IDS, SIEMs and other CND security tools.
- Ability to read and write Snort IDS signatures.
- Experience reviewing and analyzing network packet captures.
- Possess a comprehensive understanding of the TCP/IP protocol, security architecture, network and remote access security techniques/products.
- Experience with enterprise anti-virus solutions, virus outbreak management, and the ability to differentiate virus activity from directed attack patterns.
- Working knowledge of network architecture.
- Strong research background, utilizing an analytical approach.
- Candidate must be able to react quickly, decisively, and deliberately in high stress situations.
- Strong verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills are required to document and communicate findings, escalate critical incidents, and interact with customers
- Industry recognized professional certification such as CISSP, GCIH, GCIA, Security+
- Scripting skills (e.g., Python, Ruby, bash)
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you’re looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.