Ciena may well be the most important technology company you’ve never heard of. The innovations that wow us (driverless cars), and those we now take for granted (the ability to mobile-stream your favorite show) are the products of ingenuity from some brilliant and forward-thinking companies. But those companies rely on Ciena, another vanguard of innovation, to create and advance the underlying networks that bring their breakthroughs to our doorsteps. VR, AI, IOT, 5G … literally none of it would be possible without the mind-boggling technology that makes the internet itself work. For more than 25 years, Ciena has been the global leader in networking strategy, and our technology has been part of the critical infrastructure running within the most advanced companies in the world.
What will you do at Ciena?
At Ciena we are building more adaptive networks in response to the constantly changing world. This is an opportunity to impact the world by developing software and hardware technologies that impact Global Networks, Private and Public Cloud Solutions, 5G communications, and SD-WAN. Developing great networking technology takes more than desire: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who reach out to the world through their respective talents. At Ciena, we provide multiple avenues for you to make the world a better place. If you’re looking for more than just a job, we invite you to explore the opportunities available and apply today.
Ciena’s Access Products Hardware team is looking for an experienced Hardware Design Verification Test (DVT) Manager. In this hands-on management role, you will be accountable for all aspects of the hardware validation of complex networking platforms, including people management, planning, reporting, and the maintenance and expansion of our hardware test infrastructure and facilities. Lab management (people, planning, processes, and infrastructure) to support Engineering test and occasional assembly or rework programs is also a key part of this role. The role is part of an R&D organization that designs, releases and sustains Packet Switching and fiber optics products for deployment in large Carriers and Internet Service Providers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the multi-functional team to plan and complete hardware validation of new products.
- In collaboration with your team and design engineering, develop hardware validation plans, execute those plans, and analyze and report results.
- Work with Hardware and Software teams to drive defects to resolution.
- Maintain and upgrade our test facilities and test infrastructure as needed to meet our growing needs.
- Manage the Compliance Engineering function, including Safety, EMC, NEBS, international homologation, and other applicable external testing
- Participate in formal and informal cross functional meetings to stay in sync with other teams’ activity and needs, report status of Hardware validation activity, schedules, risks and dependencies.
- Proactively manage project risk through the development and execution of a risk management plan to ensure issues/risks are assessed and mitigated.
- Document and communicate project status, obstacles and resolutions to management
- Lead, guide, mentor, train and develop team members.
- Engineering lab management, including supervision of technicians and conformity with Ciena’s TL-9000 Quality standards.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Proven track record of hands-on leadership of hardware DVT teams in the Ethernet / Networking product space – ideally with Data Center and/or Telecom product experience.
- Deeply familiar with board-level and system-level test with technologies including Ethernet switching, Server-class CPUs, and optical transceivers.
- Experienced with automated hardware testing using Python, Perl, TCL/Expect, or similar applicable environments
- Expertise with test equipment relevant to the HW DVT environment, including: thermal chambers, data acquisition systems, network test and traffic generator equipment, terminal servers, power cycling systems
- Familiar with relevant Ethernet, Optical Transport, and TDM protocols, technologies, and standards.
- Familiar with compliance and regulatory certifications, including NEBS and Telecom certification testing,
- Strong written and oral communication skills to interface effectively with subordinates, peers and senior management. Ability to listen, persuade and achieve win-win negotiation results.
- People management / leadership skills.
- Project management skills, such as organizing and planning projects, establishing goals and monitoring performance, assessing risks, and anticipating and efficiently resolving problems.
- Team building skills – empower and motivate cross-functional team members, including suppliers, to achieve common goals.
- Leadership skills – display persistence, vision and positive attitude.
- Familiar with product BOM structures and PDM systems such as Agile or Arena
- Experience with TL9000 compliance a plus.
- Self-starter with positive attitude.
- Team orientation, organized, and capable of independent work.
- Multitasking: able to manage many projects simultaneously, and appropriately determine priorities.
- Acumen for problem solving. Ability to lead in an environment of change – flexibility, creativity and patience.
- Ability to learn and grasp technical concepts related to products being developed.
- Able to work effectively and communicate at all levels within the Ciena workforce.
EDUCATION / HISTORY
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from a college or university preferred
- Minimum 10 years hardware design validation experience with a history of increasing scope of responsibility
Rewarding experience. Meaningful outcomes.
Making a difference in people's lives through design and implementation of leading network technologies. That's what motivates us.
A distinct way to work
Free thinking, free discussion, and collaboration are the norm. Expect more satisfying outcomes - both personal and professional.
Ciena values the diversity of our workforce and respects its employees as individuals, regardless of race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, gender or age.
Ciena is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise Ciena in a timely fashion of the specific needs / accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to any specific needs / accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
What you can expect from us
- You will receive notification of your successful application
- Successful applicants will be contacted by Talent Acquisition for an initial discussion
- If suitable you will be considered for the short list and our formal interview process
Amazon's Customer Service (CS) is seeking a ES Quality Assurance (QA) Project manager for the ES Network. The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a fast...
Desde Amazon - Guanacaste
Publicado hace 17 días
Preparación Titulo técnico en Electromecánica o mecánica. Habilidades y Funciones Habilidad numérica, gestión de proyectos, gestión de recursos, gestión del...
Publicado hace 24 días
La empresa Vaglio Soluciones Industriales requiere un Ingeniero bachiller o con licenciatura Electricista o Electromecánico. Se necesita que posea 2 años de...
Desde Vaglio Solcuciones Industriales - Cartago
Publicado hace 11 días
Se requiere profesional en ingenería de la computación para dirección de proyectos, con certificación Project Management y opcionalmente certificación en Scrum...
Desde Mihost.Com - San José
Publicado hace 11 días