Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe is all about. We continue to invest strategically to enable the creation and delivery of exceptional digital experiences. It’s an exciting time to be here – especially if you’re a passionate technologist, an innovator and a leader.
The Digital Video and Audio (DVA) team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help architect, design and implement our internal cross-platform UI framework, codenamed Drover. Drover is an advanced best-of-class cross-platform GUI framework, used by many of our flagship applications -- Premiere Pro, After Effects, Audition, Premiere Rush, etc. Drover has it all -- HW accelerated graphics, advanced layout containers, styling, common controls, UI widgets, and data-binding. Come join a small, very high-powered team, and design and implement the next version of the framework!
Your work will be very visible, and will have a direct impact on $1B+ of company revenue!
- Architect, design and implement high quality software subsystems, components, and GUI widgets enabling rapid cross-platform application development.
- Define quality, performance, scalability, extensibility, manageability, and testability requirements. Ensure the software you develop meets these requirements.
- Implement reusable high-level user experience workflows. Integrate them into host applications.
- Monitor and continuously improve released software.
- Collaborate with other teams, who depend on the tech stack.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You are a fast and pragmatic engineer. You get things done in a fast, gradual and incremental fashion. You are an agile practitioner.
- You are proficient in cross-platform C / C++.
- You are passionate about GUI development, and about building and utilizing a best-of-class GUI framework. You are very familiar with modern GUI design and development patterns -- declarative UI, MVVM, MVP, data-binding, commanding.
- You are passionate about performance - enabling fluid UX.
- You have knowledge of / expertise in Metal (MacOS) and and / or D2D / DX (Windows)
- You are not afraid to dig deep. You know how to unblock yourself.
- You embrace continuous learning.
- 10+ years of software development experience. BS in Computer Science or related field of study. Knowledge or experience developing media (audio/video/image) applications a plus.
In the Adobe DVA team, you will experience the energy of a start-up company backed by the resources of one of the greatest software companies in the world. It’s a perfect place to grow your career and unleash your potential. Come to enjoy the thrill of crafting a great product and the rush of developing it with people as passionate and hardworking as you.
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you’re looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.