JOB DESCRIPTION: MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE Under the direct supervision of the Maintenance Manager is directly responsible for the site operations equipment, fixtures and tools maintenance, technical operation/support and projects execution/turn-key of all equipment related to operations in the Costa Rica site. He/She performs a variety of machine, equipment, tooling and fixture engineering scope related assignments and routine tasks by developing and implementing processing methods, controls and metrics to deliver full quality system compliance standards, best cost-effective alternatives and optimal customer service satisfaction based on this scope. He/She may provide direction and direct supervision to internal or external resources to accomplish maintenance tasks and machine shop activities. He/She will have full accountability for all quality issues (CAPA’s, NCMR’s, others) related to the complete Operation’s scope, equipment, tooling and fixtures.
- Promote continuous improvement of our maintenance systems and Machine Shop activities in order to comply with both internal and external clients.
- Interact with our external and internal clients on the scope of proper accomplishment of customer needs.
- Promotes and performs continuous improvement projects of maintenance and machine shop system in order to comply or enhance key performance indicators.
- Create, use and interpret engineering drawings, models, sketches, templates, tool design manuals, verbal information, and digital data to determine required repairs.
- Support Production / Facilities departments in reducing and eliminating equipment / tooling downtime utilizing analytical methodologies.
- Use engineering and other methodologies so all Manufacturing Operations related projects can be performed, from conceptual to validation/turn-key, at the best cost possible, on a timely basis and in full compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Establishes or adjusts machine shop work procedures to meet production schedules, using knowledge of capacities of machines and equipment
- Direct interface with our external and internal clients on the scope of management, execution and turnkey of Operation’s scope related projects, equipment maintenance, tooling and fixtures operation for full compliance of the Manufacturing Operations scope with the complete Abbott businesses and their necessities and expectations.
- Support Environmental Management System (EMS) and Energy Management System (EnMS) Programs and Initiatives.
- Any additional responsibility deemed necessary by management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (preferably in Mechanical or Electromechanical Engineering).
- 7+ years of working experience on similar roles.
- Knowledge in the following software: Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Microsoft Project.
- High experience in equipment, tooling and fixtures maintenance, troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
- Experience in CAD/CAM.
- Advance Knowledge in Solid Works software.
- High experience in project management scope in all disciplines (Mechanical, Industrial and Maintenance).
- Requires ability to use and interpret tooling and engineering drawings, models, sketches, templates, tool design manuals, verbal information, and digital data to determine required repairs.
- Fully bilingual (English/Spanish) required.
Facilities & Maintenance
EPHF Electrophysiology & Heart Failure
Costa Rica Alajuela : Parque Industrial, Zona Franca Coyol S.A Edificio #44B, Call0, Avendia 2
Cr09Sal (Costa Rica)
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Work in a clean room environment