Join the world’s largest virtual company!
Work from anywhere – Flexible hours – Training & travel opportunities
Scopic is seeking a skilled Remote Senior Web Developer to join our team of 250+ professionals across 40 countries. The right candidate should be able to produce top quality results within provided time frames and be capable of solving low-level and high-level problems. This is a full-time, home-based position.
Develop Meaningful Applications for Clients Invested in Your Success
All Scopic projects involve working with challenging, innovative applications. When you work with us, you will not just be maintaining old code or wasting time on applications that will never see the light of day. The applications Scopic develops are the cornerstone of our clients’ businesses. Clients and users will rely on you to write quality code and keep mission-critical applications running optimally.
Grow Your Skills and Your Career, Fast
We offer training opportunities to keep your skills sharp and encourage you to stay up-to-date with ever-evolving technologies. As your skills grow, you will have opportunities to move up in the company. If you work hard and deliver quality results, you will do very well here. Pay raises and promotions are completely merit-based, so your success is in your hands.
Become a Valuable Part of a Small, Dynamic International Team
Unlike huge tech corporations like Google and Microsoft, Scopic employees don’t get lost in bureaucracy or sidelined doing the same boring tasks day after day. Most projects last six months to one year, so our developers have the opportunity to try their skills on a diverse range of applications. Scopic programmers work independently and are entrusted with considerable responsibility.
Why Work With Scopic?
• Flexible working hours, set your own schedule
• Freedom to travel and work from anywhere in the world
• Ability to work wherever you are most comfortable (home, office, park, café, etc.)
• Reliable, consistent workload
• Flexible payment options in $US – salaried and hourly positions available
• Annual pay increases for good performance
• Paid training and other professional growth opportunities
• International travel opportunities (not required)
• Interesting, challenging projects using the latest technologies
• 4+ years of software development experience
• Extensive experince with full-stack development
• Proficiency in one or more back-end languages/frameworks (e.g. PHP/Node.js/Python/C#/GoLang, Laravel/Django/Express/Koa)
• Strong database design skills (SQL/NoSQL)
• Experience with one or more cloud providers (e.g. AWS/Google Cloud/Azure/Digital Ocean)
• Experience in using containers (e.g. Docker/LXD) and container orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes/ECS)
• Solid experience in system and software architecture
• Experience with web-oriented cross-platform mobile frameworks is a plus
• Experience in leading development teams is a plus
• Good written and spoken English
• Stable internet connection and home computer
• Bachelor's degree or higher
• Work with TL on architecture design for projects. This includes research related to the project and defining the correct technologies that should be used to accomplish project goals
• Work on several projects at the same time with the same quality
• Help other team members find solutions for the problems they have on the project
• Write technical documentation, individually or with help of other developers and TL
• Be involved as a developer on the project and be responsible for the quality of your part or for the entire project
• Help TL with code reviews and technical project management
• Work on finding solutions for both low level and high level problems
• Help with defining test plans with QAs
• Work with TL to make project related technical decisions
• Work independently and deliver quality results without the need of constant supervision
• Cover the complete development of small scale projects under the supervision of TL
• Lead teams of various sizes working on medium and large projects under the supervision of Operations and Engineering Head
• Supervise the development of small scale projects
Salary: Negotiable depending on skills and experience. Hourly and salary positions available. Employees are paid monthly via wire transfer.
Scopic is the world’s largest virtual company. Founded in 2006, we have grown consistently by delivering innovative, cutting-edge software products for our clients and creating an empowering environment for our employees.
We build advanced software for clients and users around the globe. With 10+ years in the industry and 1000+ projects under our belt, we’ve developed software for Manufacturing, Media and Entertainment, Fintech, Healthcare, Food and Fitness, and Gaming. Check out our development work on our portfolio: scopicsoftware.com/portfolio/.
Scopic is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Learn more about career opportunities at Scopic: scopicsoftware.com/careers.
Join the world’s largest virtual company! Work from anywhere – Flexible hours – Training & travel opportunities Scopic is seeking a skilled Remote Senior W...
Desde Scopic Software - Costa Rica
Publicado 23 days ago
Company Description Hello, we are Edify, one of the highest ranked IT companies in Costa Rica and Central America according to Great Place to Work ®. We'r...
Desde Edify Software Consulting - Alajuela
Publicado 6 days ago
Job Summary Under the general direction of the Senior Director of Computing Services, the High Performance Computer (HPC) System Administrator is responsibl...
Publicado 24 days ago
FullStack Labs is a leading software consultancy seeking skilled Quality Assurance Engineers to join our fast-growing team. Our mission is to design and deve...
Desde Fullstacklabs - Alajuela
Publicado 24 days ago
Built at: 2021-05-13T17:24:47.497Z