The Corporate Long-Term Retention (LTR) program is looking for an experienced engineer to be part of a team working in Intel's LTR Hub in Costa Rica. T The Hub is where some of Intel products are stored in an active state, after being launched, to ensure we are ready and able to access all Intel products if and when we need them. The Hub will provide Intel engineers around the world remote access to our products in order to allow remote testing and debugging. In this position, the engineer will work on installing and configuring software, hardware and networks, monitoring system performance and troubleshooting systems and network issues, and engage with the Information Technology team for lab efficiencies and requirements. The engineer must be familiar or willing to learn Intel lab network policies and practices and specific business unit hardware, testing configurations, and processes.
- BSc/Ba in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline; any professional certification in Microsoft and/or Linux Operating Systems is a plus
- Experience with managing data in excel and other simple databases, understanding of LAN, VLAN and WAN, subnetting and OS patching on Windows/Linux.
- Knowledge of system/network security (e.g. intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery.
- Ability to create scripts in Python, Linux shell or Windows Batch script.
- Proven experience as a System Administrator, Network Administrator or similar role.
- Familiarity with basic configuration of network switches.
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude.
- Strong communication and influencing skills.
- Self-motivated, assertive and good tolerance of ambiguity
- Experience deploying virtual machines.
- CR Work Permit
- Familiarity with installing and basic configuration of Windows 10 and Server, Ubuntu and CentOS Linux operating systems.
Inside this Business Group
The Infrastructure and Platform Solutions Group (IPSG) builds the silicon and platform infrastructure for Intel's silicon design teams. IPSG is comprised of a reusable pool of infrastructure IP blocks, design enabling services such as tools and automation, and a best-in-class post silicon ecosystem that ramps quickly to high volume manufacturing and validation. Our primary mission is to protect Intel's brand by providing the infrastructure necessary to enable all of Intel's products to hit the market on a dependable and predictable cadence.
CRExperienced HireJR0128899San Jose